Problem setting up environment on Windows

I tried to follow this instructions Environments

and when I set:

export GUILD_HOME=guild-rf

I get error:

export : The term 'export' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check
 the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
At line:1 char:1
+ export GUILD_HOME=.\guild-rf\
+ ~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (export:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

I get similar error for:

GUILD_HOME=<path> guild <command> ...

I have also tried to define everything inside python:

# confing

GUILD_HOME = "guild-rf"

DELETE_RUNS_ON_INIT = True

# import packages

import guild.ipy as guild

import os

# Initialize Guild Home

if not os.path.exists(GUILD_HOME):

os.mkdir(GUILD_HOME)

guild.set_guild_home(GUILD_HOME)

# HERE RUN MY TRAIN SAVED IN SUBMODUL (LOOK AT ABOVE GUILD YML)

_ = guild.run(train)

I get:

_ = guild.run(train)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- NameError Traceback (most recent call last) c:\Users\Mislav\Documents\GitHub\trademl\manage_guild.py in ----> [22](file:///C:/Users/Mislav/Documents/GitHub/trademl/manage_guild.py?line=21) _ = guild . run ( train ) NameError : name ‘train’ is not defined

The docs are skewed toward POSIX systems like Linux and macOS and documentation for Windows-specific gotchas is spotty.

I started a document so we can start to fill this information in:

Regarding ipy I would not go down that road. That interface is not really for running Guild CLI commands but rather for running functions within a Notebook. It’s very different from a typical use of Guild.

If you want to invoke Guild CLI commands, from Python, use the subprocess module and treat Guild as you would any program.

But back to the environment setup… you might consider skipping the virtual environment setup and focus on getting your project working. Once you’re happy with things you can take the step to use isolated environments.

You’re already using conda so you can just keep doing that without messing around with environment variables, etc.

I think than the best solution is work with default setup (save all runs in default .guild directory). thanks.